Mr. Miguel Reyes
Deputy Legal Adviser at the Secretariat of Foreign Relations of Mexico
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Law Degree.
- University of Houston Law Center, Master of Laws Degree (International Law
- Mr. Reyes has worked at Mexico’s Secretariat of Foreign Relations for 17+ years. He is a member of the Mexican Foreign Service since 2012.
- He is one of the lead attorneys in the legal actions filed by Mexico before international and foreign courts, in order to prevent and stop illicit traffic of firearms.
- Previous posts:
1. 2005-2012: Office of the Legal Adviser (Sections: Treaties, Private
International Law and Public International Law).
2. 2012-2013: Consul of Mexico for Border Affairs in El Paso, Texas, USA.
3. 2013-2014: Consul of Mexico for Protection to Mexican Nationals in
Houston, Texas, USA.
4. 2014-2018: Office of the Legal Adviser (Section: International Litigation)
5. 2018-2022: Central Authority of Mexico for international child abduction
and international adoptions treaties.